Monday, January 08, 2007

2007, Next Column Well Underway

New year, new column.

I'm now finishing up the next Fork & Spoon piece on my 2007 food-related resolutions. I'll hold off on calling it the oxymoronic First Annual New Year's Food Resolutions column, but don't be surprised to see a similar one a year from now.

A few random musings on the year:

  • 2007 seems like an unimportant year, but I guess I'm biased towards even numbers (you know, ones with World Cups, Olympics, national elections).
  • I can't believe we're close to finishing a decade we still haven't named.
  • What will we do for New Year's eyewear without those double 0's? A 2010 monocle, perhaps?

Back to the column...I don't want to give anything away, but I can tell you that I aim to enjoy eating even more. I can also say that it won't contain any shocking ideological shifts. I'm not going vegetarian or eating only raw foods, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anyway, it's back to work for me--I need to finish this column before those 2007 glasses go out of style.

1 Comments:

At January 11, 2007 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought the 1st decade always was lumped under "the turn of the century" clause.

however, you've already lost hope on this decade by plotting the eyewear of the next one. i think your ahead of the trend though, jon. could 2010 be "the year of the monocle"? it would start that decade off with an instant fad to remember. something internet stocks and boybands tried to do for this decade; but we've all been left with too much debt and shame to praise those quintessential moments of this the turn of the century.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home