Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Extra! Extra!

The new column, Gastronomic Gifts, is out today in The Chapel Hill News. (They did a really neat job with this photo). Those of you poor souls that don't live in this area can read it here for free. How 'bout that inter web?!

In the upcoming days, I'll post the much anticipated full Banana Guard review. Also, I'm working on an outtake post for gifts that just missed making the column. I suppose some items that weren't even close would be fun, too.

Until then, happy shopping! If you buy any of these gastromic gifts, let me know how they're received.

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2006 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! I want to weigh in and say that the pop-up measuring cups would be a great gift for any kid. They would provide at least 10 minutes of amusement for my 2-3 year old neices and nephews. I tested them on Aidan and he was enthralled. I also want to say that KitchenWorks in Chapel Hill is a great store and I suggest folks visit it physically or virtually for their kitchen-related needs. I know Dr. Fork can't make those kinds of statements, but I can!

 
At December 15, 2006 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I'd never write that Kitchenworks is a great store, how they're so friendly and locally owned and that they seem to have every kitchen device imaginable. Never. I'd risk losing my food doctorate. And I didn't go through five years of training--eating delicious things morning, noon and night--to lose my credentials over a slip into subjectivity. Thank you, Spoonstress, for saving us all from that risk.

FYI, Aidan is our friends' cool kid, not our nephew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home