Monday, October 22, 2007

column in progress

As I mentioned before, I'm writing this upcoming column on pumpkins. But despite Melicious' delicious ideas, this column won't be about pumpkin treats.

I toyed with the idea of planning a day of pumpkin meals, kind of like "Ramania," an earlier column where I made a three-course meal from Ramen-based recipes. Then I realized that I don't like pumpkin nearly as much as Ramen noodles.

Knowing I wanted to write about pumpkins, I kept drifting back towards this other idea: non-edible culinary uses. The column will provide some food ideas, just not the kind you can eat. I know this sounds a bit odd, but I hope it'll all make sense on Wednesday, when the column comes out. I hope.

Anyway, just know that I spent the first few innings of Sunday night's glorious baseball game in front of the TV trying to fit a soda can into a pumpkin. Fun times!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home