Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Do You Care?

I'm not the most plugged-in blogger. There, I've said it.

For instance, while many of you have long known about the popular Mighty Goods blog and its creator Mighty Girl (Margaret Mason), I just came across this whole thing yesterday. I was bopping through Mason's site when I saw that she has a book called No One Cares What You Had For Lunch.

That whimpering sound you hear is me.

As someone who often writes about what I had for lunch, this book title momentarily knocked me down a peg. I'm pretty sure she's not talking to food bloggers and the subtitle--100 Ideas for your Blog--is a little soothing, but I'm still a little shook.

So I'm putting this question to all of you, including lurkers: Do you care what I had for lunch?

If you do, I can tell Mighty Girl to shove it. If you don't, I'm gonna have to read her book. (Full disclosure: I'll probably read it anyway, I'm sure some of her ideas are useful.) Either way, I'll try to resist posting a vindictive review of her book on Amazon like this one from Hilton Head, SC: "No one cares about the contents of this book."

Not to influence your vote, but tomorrow's lunch is looking prih-tee good.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At May 16, 2007 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I care a great deal. How else would I keep track of whether you are eating properly? I also particularly like the accompanying photos, because they always look much better than what I get for lunch at work.
-JRB

 
At May 16, 2007 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you have for lunch today?

 
At May 16, 2007 3:29 PM, Blogger JB said...

I thought you'd never ask!
The short answer: a B.L.T. from heaven.
The long answer: coming soon...

 
At May 16, 2007 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I care!!
But I am biased because sometimes I get to EAT what you have for lunch.

 
At May 27, 2007 11:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I care. You feed me lovely lunches when I visit and I want you to practice! -Mimi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home