Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Midnight Madness

What does any self-respecting food writer do with a leftover cup of rhubarb? Experiment.

But what to make? At first I thought of baking a mini pie. Then I realized I didn't feel like preparing a mini crust. Soon thereafter, I remembered that Mama Fork had just given me these cool silicone cupcake/muffin cups. After that, the answer was obvious: strawberry rhubarb muffins.

But with my nocturnal habits, these muffin thoughts came at about 10:30 p.m. By the time they were popping fresh, we had midnight muffins.

And pop they did--right out of the silicone baking cups without any greasing beforehand. I'd have to say these beauties make muffining easy. Plus, they're pretty photogenic.

I'll pass along the recipe, but the Spoonstress and I both agreed that the dough tasted too plain. Those of you with more muffin experience will probably be able to adjust accordingly.

For you fellow novices, the Spoonstress had an excellent idea we've yet to put to the test: adding chocolate chips to the next batch. Can't imagine how that could go wrong.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 10, 2007 8:08 AM, Blogger Andy said...

Is that the Spoonstress's solution to everything - add chocolate chips? Works for me!

 
At May 10, 2007 8:48 AM, Blogger JB said...

Pretty much. Chocolate chips or ice cream--they're both shrewd ideas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home