Tuesday, January 16, 2007

New Year, More Happiness

Sorry to say, but I haven't yet cooked the pork pictured last Friday. It's resting happily in the freezer. I had guests this weekend and just ran out of time. But I did decide to use the slow cooker and save the smoking for another day. Look for the results later this week.

My good friend Ashley (a.k.a. Mamabird) aided another food-related New Year's resolution--to eat more cookies. She whipped out a bag of chocolate-on-chocolate "Whoppers" from Foster's after we'd enjoyed some nice barbecue takeout. Now that's the kind of reader feedback I was hoping for!

But seriously, it was extrememly nice, especially for someone 8.9 months pregnant. On a related note, congratulations to Ashley for becoming Mamabird to a second babybird last night! It's now an even happier nest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home