Friday, December 01, 2006

Happy Columndays

I know, I know. It's been a while since I wrote an actual column. It's partly because I've been having so much fun on the blog, partly because I've been working on other things and partly because November flew by.

While the 70 degree days may say otherwise, December is here. That means it's time to buy presents. And that means headaches.

In a nod to public service, I've begun working on a column discussing food-related gifts like these pickle tongs. OK, it might be less noble than fun. Let's just say I had a blast writing about the Banana Guard and it hasn't even arrived yet.

I have no idea what items I will include or what ground rules will apply (a ban on the ubiquitous silicone products?). I just know it won't be anything too intellectual. Please send along your suggestions in the form of comments. And oh yeah, Happy December!

9 Comments:

At December 01, 2006 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great website. And I'm not just saying that because your dad told me to check it out and because he does my yearly review.

 
At December 04, 2006 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know someone with a fabulous collection of antique kitchenalia that could be compared to the tools of today, if one had an historical bent.

 
At December 04, 2006 9:25 AM, Blogger JB said...

Ladies and gentlemen, Papa Fork! Thanks for the offer, but I'm sticking with present day kitchenalia this month. "Kitchen Kitsch" would make a decent column title, though. In the future, perhaps...

 
At December 04, 2006 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, let me understand, you'll do the past in the future?

 
At December 04, 2006 10:44 AM, Blogger JB said...

Possibly. At present, I can't commit to doing the future in the past. I'll reconsider it in the upcoming weeks.
Wink.

 
At December 04, 2006 1:53 PM, Blogger mamabird said...

Jon, I always love a web-surfing challenge. I found a funny food-related website, www.baronbob.com, and I think you should check it out.

My favorite items: the "Holy Toast" bread stamper (see the Virgin Mary in your breakfast!), the Lollypop Lick-O-Meter (how many licks DOES it take?), and the Octodog Frankfurter Converter (when only an octupus-shaped hot dog will do).

Can't wait to read your next column!
xo

 
At December 04, 2006 2:20 PM, Blogger JB said...

Mamabird, you've done it again! I especially like the Octodog contraption for its refusal to bow to the 'thou shall not play with thine food' edict.

If your site wasn't way better than mine and my blog made any money, I'd hire you as the Fork & Spoon web researcher.

 
At December 04, 2006 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm...octodog and whipped cream.

 
At December 08, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger JB said...

I read your sarcasm loud and clear, nh. Whipped cream and hot dogs, as seen in this Octodog photo, is just pretty nasty.

If that's supposed to be a squid attacking a submarine, is the whipped cream the foamy ocean? We'll have to ask Baron Bob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home