Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Joe Report--Part 1

Consider Trader Joe's visited. I made my maiden shopping run to the store recently and have been enjoying its results.

I arrived at 7:50 p.m., which was my first mistake. I was shocked to see many empty shelves. It was as if I'd entered a Soviet grocery store or a pre-blizzard American one. I expected to see snow when I exited.

I'm not complaining, mind you, as I understand the store is just working out the kinks and the staff was quite apologetic.

Not surprisingly, the bare shelves were a topic of conversation between shoppers and employees. The guy stocking the nut aisle joked, "Welcome to Trader Joe's, we've got nothing to sell ya."

The employees restocking the cereal aisle didn't have any favorite cereals to recommend, but they were happy to open up the cases of both Maple Pecan Clusters and Mango Passionfruit Granola. I'm sure glad they did. I have a hunch cereal will be a main reason for shopping at Joe's.

I haven't had a chance to eat too many of the other delights and pretty much the entire frozen dinner aisle was sold out. But I'll return to the store. When I do, I'll follow the nut guy's advice: "Get here at 9 in the morning."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At December 06, 2007 7:39 PM, Blogger mamabird said...

I made my maiden visit 4.5 hours ago, and since then we have already eaten:

1. TJ's Chicken, Bean, and Rice Burritos (2 large for $2.99, are you kidding me?)

2. TJ's Vegetable and Bean Burritos

3. TJ's Cinnamon Grahams

4. TJ's Honey Wheat Pretzels

5. TJ's Mini Pitas

6. TJ's Original Hummus

7. TJ's Sugar Snap Peas

8. TJ's Cheddar Cheese Sticks

9. TJ's Chocolate Covered Peanuts

10. TJ's Mini Savory Crackers

11. Charles Shaw Chardonnay

I wish I were kidding. I'm really not. We are honestly gorging on Joe's over here.

I really don't want to be dramatic about this, but having TJ's nearby is absolutely going to change my life.

I feel as if the whole world is brighter!!

(Was that too much?)

PS: We also had TJ's Bartlett Pears for dessert! That's #12!!

PPS: They were ridiculously sweet, even if they were in a four-pack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home