Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thank Goodness for Cookbooks

I couldn't believe my eyes. There I was, flipping through a random cookbook yesterday and I came to this picture.

How did I not think of serving soup from a pumpkin in my Practical Pumpkin column? Maybe I would have if my research for the column involved more cookbooks and fewer séances in pumpkin patches.

In fairness, I had envisioned using smaller pumpkins as individual soup bowls. But I never made the leap to using a pumpkin as the serving vessel.

Anyway, the recipe came from the book to the right. In case it's not in your library (and why would it be?), you can check out the recipe here.

I have no idea if it's any good--I got the book at a garage sale--but I know a cool way to serve it that would make a nice addition to your Thanksgiving dinner.

Have a great, gravy-filled Thanksgiving!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At November 24, 2007 5:06 AM, Blogger Jackson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home