Thursday, November 15, 2007

Trading Up

In the coming weeks, my humble home of Chapel Hill will be trading an empty storefront for a Trader Joe's. Yup, the aloha-shirted ones will be putting another dot on the map.

In truth, the swap was an Earth Fare for a T.J., but the location has been empty for so long I can barely remember that former tenant.

As a full-fledged Foodster, I peek at the site every time I drive by the shopping center. I keep hoping for a sign that it'll be closer to completion. This week, I spoke with a woman at the company's California headquarters and it sounds like they'll be opening before the end of the year.

That means I'll be writing about Trader Joe's in the near future. So all you T.J. veterans, please let me know what you do and don't like about the place. I'm curious to hear why you shop there and what you buy.

In the meantime, I'm off to dig out my Hawaiian shirt.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 16, 2007 6:16 AM, Blogger BTC said...

Highest among many great reasons to shop at TJ's is the peeled & cubbed butternut squash - what a time saver! Then there's the nuts, cheese, fab frozen food section, and the two-buck (three-buck in NC) Chuck! Need I say more?

 
At November 16, 2007 1:06 PM, Blogger Jeanne: said...

I like Trader Joes for a few reasons, including their amazing fresh cut flowers. Sometimes the prices are a drag, but on the other hand, they do offer consistent quality.

The real reason I am writing, however, is to tell you about the upcoming Po-Boy fest in New Orleans. It's happening Sunday here in the Crescent City and I have chosen it as the next topic for my blog, which has been food-less for quite a while. I'll let you know when I've updated it, but until then, check out:
www.poboyfest.com

 
At November 18, 2007 11:48 PM, Blogger JB said...

Thanks, Betsy. I'll have to check out those options at TJ's.

Jeanne, how about a little advance warning on the Po-Boy Fest?! If you're still in New Orleans next year...it sounds awesome!

 
At November 21, 2007 8:20 AM, Blogger BTC said...

It's now official - Chapel Hill's Trader Joe's is opening Nov. 30th!
See http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/754093.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home