Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Summer in New England

I was in Boston this past weekend and I scratched a long-burning itch--as I mentioned in my last column--a cone of black raspberry ice cream with chocolate sprinkles.

I enjoyed the cone in question (a sugar, of course) at Christina's in Cambridge. The ice cream shop(pe) routinely wins Best of Boston awards and this version didn't disappoint. What could be more summery than an ice cream cone enjoyed outside. If only I lived closer than a two-hour flight from this awesome ice creamery.

Back home in N.C., I have another order of business--making a Rhubarb Strawberry Pie for my rhubarb-averse neighbork. It's partly to thank her for watching the Spooch, partly because she said she had never cooked with the peculiar Yankee stalks.

Last, but most importantly, when I was in Boston I got to talk to Papa Fork about his much anticipated guest post. He told me it's coming soon and that it'll be on that quintessential New England summer food: Lobsters. Be on the lookout...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home