Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Meaty Returns

I know the suspense is killing you. OK, OK, the farmer's market meat was superb.

The Spoonstress whipped up a mini-gourmet masterpiece with an assist from Fresh Every Day by Sara Foster: sirloin marinated in balsamic and topped with French fried shallots and blue cheese melted ever so slightly.

The beef's expense was somewhat offset by the assuaging peace of mind buying local brought. And that entire debate vanished from my fork-centric mind once I smelled the steak cookin'.

The above photo isn't mine, so you'll have to use your imagination to envision the meal's splendor. As a gesture to the Spoonstress, I didn't take any pictures. She'd made such a nice dinner and my photography style could be called thorough. Or slow as heck. It was the least I could do, as I was the lucky one who got to eat the meal!

Best of all, the meat went far. The Spooch got a little love on the gristle, and the majority of the leftovers turned into amazing steak burritos the next night. If this is what it's like to eat local, I don't want to leave the Forkquarters.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home