Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Stick a Fork in it...

...this column's done.

Those of you in this rhubarb poor region of Chapel Hill can read it in today's Chapel Hill News. Everyone else will have to rely on this rickety link.

For those arriving here after reading the column, sit anywhere you'd like and make yourself at home. You'll find previous columns on the right and please help yourself to a comment once in a while.

As for me, I'm off for a celebratory Rhubarb Lime Rickey. After all, someone's gotta finish the bowl.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 27, 2007 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sample, JB. You should bottle that stuff. Yum!

 
At June 27, 2007 9:11 AM, Blogger Gigi said...

Loved the column! Thanks for the link. As I was reading, I wondered why my thrifty grandmother, who never let a stray blackberry, apple, pecan or pear go unmade into a delicious jam, pie or turnover, never cooked with rhubarb.
The mystery was solved when you pointed out that rhubarb is a "Yankee food", otherwise I'm sure my childhood would have been filled with rhubarb pie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home