Saturday, March 24, 2007

Wild Times at the Forkquarters

It's Saturday night, I've got some peanut butter, some jelly, and I’m going to mix it into a bowl of ice cream. That’s right, ice cream. Crazy.

The spooch isn’t quite as excited.

This experiment is part of the research for my next column on ice cream mix-ins. I'm combining these particular ingredients partly at the request of a reader, partly because I've been curious about PB&J ice cream ever since I saw it in the Ben & Jerry's Flavor Graveyard. Also in that resting place for discontinued flavors: Sugar Plum, Bovinity Divinity and Honey Apple Raisin Chocolate Cookie.

OK, time for me to test this stuff out.

As you can see, the peanut butter and (strawberry) jelly looked better before being mixed-into the ice cream. The 'after' shot isn't too attractive.

At least the combination mixed easily, aside from the peanut butter being a bit clumpy. The jelly blended in well with ice cream, though, so it felt more like strawberry ice cream with peanut butter.


Texture aside, the concoction seemed oddly familiar. As for the taste, I'd give it a solid three stars (out of four). And why shouldn't PB&J ice cream be good--I'd trade bread for ice cream any day.

While you'd lose the smooshed sandwich potential, this new PB&J might not fare as well for brown baggin' it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 26, 2007 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering where that ice cream scoop went!

 
At March 27, 2007 11:03 AM, Blogger JB said...

That scoop was too nostalgia-laced to leave home. Consider it snagged!(although I'm pretty sure it was offered to me.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home