Friday, March 09, 2007

Crepefast

Today marked the first day of the Spoonstress' mini vacation. She's now officially between jobs and loving it. At least I'm pretty sure she is, given that she got to sleep until 9 and is currently reading while patting the Spooch.

Earlier, I said we should go out for breakfast to celebrate. But she had a better idea: making crepes! The Spoonstress is a veteran crepe-maker and I'm fast becoming a crepe fan.

After whipping together a simple dough--she used an online recipe--the Spoonstress was a Francophile force. The crepes came fast and furious.

We had a variety of fillings for our sweet crepes: pear wedges, banana slices, cinnamon and sugar, chocolate bits and nectarine jam. My favorite combo, surprisingly, was nectarine jam and banana.

Sorry I was too busy scarfing the crepes down to take pictures (no, that's not mine up top). In hindsight, all that nectarine jam made the meal a bit sticky for my good ol' Rebel XT, anyway.

Then again, maybe I'll get another chance--we may have crepes for lunch. Life's pretty good with the Spoonstress home all day. If this continues, we may have to upgrade from frying pan to full-on crepe apparatus.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home