Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Oreo Pizza Review

At least it was free. That's about the best thing I can say for the Oreo Pizza.

My first impression was that the dessert looked pretty gruesome. The Spoonstress noted that Domino's should be doing some kind of Halloween promotion, because it looks like an edible spider web.

My next thought was, 'How am I supposed to hold this?' While the ad clearly showed a normal layer of crust, this one was dressed to the edge. While that's better than the opposite, it made for some sticky fingers.

I should note that I'm not a fan of thin crust pizza as done by the chains. In other words, I don't like pizza on matzah. I can now say that I also don't like dessert pizzas on matzah, which accurately describes the Oreo Pizza.

The pudding sauce was the part for which I had the highest hopes. Turns out it doesn't taste like pudding. It's reminiscent of Hershey's syrup, whereas I was hoping for something more Cosby-like. Forkquarters neighbor Peter was disappointed there was only a thin layer of chocolate. "You'd think with all the sauce they put on their pizza...," Peter said, referring to an earlier conversation we'd had about how Domino's abundant saucing often squirts out from behind the cheese.

Another down note was that the dessert pizza somehow managed to subtract the Oreo flavor. "I don't really think it tastes like Oreos," Peter said. "I get that it's cookies, but Oreo specific? I'd say no."

You're probably better off just heating up a few O-R-E-O's. At least that way, you can still dunk the treat in milk.

While Peter and I were disappointed by the Oreo Pizza experience, the Spoonstress was into it. Her positivity had a practical basis. "I probably just ate four Oreos, but I can call it one slice of pizza," the Spoonstress said. "That's what I like."

She also enjoyed the novelty and the combination of tastes. That makes sense, considering that she likes Hershey's syrup and chocolate sauce, whereas I lean towards hot fudge. "It's like a little package of artificial goodness," the Spoonstress said. "If you like a Pop Tart, you might like this pizza."

Note the word 'might.'

6 Comments:

At October 18, 2006 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sound you hear is Jon flushing millions of Domino's R&D dollars down the drain. ;-)

 
At October 19, 2006 12:05 PM, Blogger JB said...

Whoosh!
That there Oreo Pizza was doomed before it existed. And it's not like my site is anything that could trouble mighty Domino's...yet!

 
At October 20, 2006 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if the spoonstress likes the oreo pizza, she might like s'more poptarts! kimber swares by them-and while we're at it, mind trying mint poptarts for me? i so much want to like them but am so afraid at the same time.
p.s. you have to try apple pie pizza! not so bad if i do say so myself :) a wonderful turkey day alternate for the real thing!
~amers

 
At October 23, 2006 10:28 AM, Blogger JB said...

While I'm not ready to cast aside the real thing, Apple Pie Pizza does have potential. After all, I don't love pie crust. Is there one brand or make you'd endorse?

As for trying mint Pop Tarts--I'm not your guy. Be afraid. All I can picture is toothpaste spread between two pieces of matzah.

FYI all, Amers and Kimber are my fun, Pop Tarty cousins that I will see on Thanksgiving. Amers, I'll meet you at the Ritz stuffing.

 
At May 14, 2017 1:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I needed to thank you for this good read
http://www.kuwait.prokr.net/
http://www.emirates.prokr.net/

 
At May 15, 2017 12:41 PM, Blogger alaa said...

I definitely love this site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home