Friday, June 23, 2006

Grains of Truth

I'm back from my honeymoon and have decided the next column should focus on something edible from that time. No, it won't be champagne--The Spoonstress doesn't even like the stuff.

The most consistant source of culinary pleasure from that time came from host Suky's homemade granola at the Berkshires B & B where we stayed, Stonover Farm. Each morning, we were able to spoon our own ratios of granola, yogurt and fruit salad. Yum.

But, I should say, that delight was only the precursor to the hot breakfast of the farm's eggs made to order. While Suky is the Queen of Granola, her husband Tom specializes in goat cheese and mushroom omelettes with thick slabs of bacon on the side. They're amazing, but not exactly something that fits into our morning routine.

So it would be granola. Faster than the speed of e-mail, I now have the recipe from Suky and am busy buying bulk ingredients. While the honeymoon may be over, its breakfasts are not. Now, if I could only get someone to make me an omelette and bacon every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home