Monday, April 17, 2006

Pancake Party?


My next column--Griddle Me This--is in the can. After spending a blissful month with my newly-gifted griddle, I realized that I wasn't pushing the counter-top appliance's limits. Lest it feel underutilized, I set about to make all three meals with said griddle on a recent Sunday.

Breakfast and lunch weren't too challenging. They were just delicious--Banana Walnut Pancakes and Grilled Cheese with Avocado and Tomato. As an aside, I wanted to call them 'Banana Walnut Spice Pancakes,' but that name seemed too long. And 'Banancakes' just felt like I was trying too hard.

Anyway, for dinner, I thought I'd make scallion pancakes, an old Chinese food favorite of mine. But then I remembered that they were fried. Plus, I never try to compete with my memory's version of a dish--it's a losing proposition.

What ever did I do for dinner? My memory seems to be getting hazy. All I can remember is that the column, in all its griddle-ridden glory, will be available in print, online and here next Sunday, April 23. What a tease!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home