Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Pudding on the Hits

After saving this idea for months, I've decided it's finally time to write about kugel. Yes, that kugel, the grande dame of Jewish delicacies.

The version of this noodle pudding concoction that I grew up with looks something like what you see here. Only there were never any whole cinnamon sticks lying around at my family's house. Also, we could afford four tines. (I've never liked the three-toed sloth approach to cutlery.)

But seriously, kugel is my comfort food. It's what we eat when we go to my Grandma Abby's. The kugel I know and love has that staple of Jewish cuisine: the sour cream/butter/cream cheese triumvirate. It's not for the counters of calories, but all the better. Like we learn every autumn, the year's supposed to be sweet, remember?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home