Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Breakfast Club

A quick update: The Cute Fruit column, where I assess three tiny fruits, is slated to run Wednesday in the venerable Chapel Hill News. Of course, that doesn't mean that it's definite, but...I'll keep you posted.

Now a story: Today definitely felt like an eggs morning--i.e., it was the weekend and we had eggs. I didn't feel like any kind of foodster or food blogger, just like a sleepy, hungry guy. Anyway, after a flurry of action (see left), I ended up with a plate that looked like this (see right).

I'd never tried less to make a nice looking omelette and, naturally, never had one turn out looking so restauranty. It was the Spoonstress' idea to get out the camera (she also gets the photo credit here).

On a lark, I decided to forego toast from a not-so-fresh loaf in favor of some pita. I hadn't tried that magical Middle Eastern bread for breakfast before, but figured it's never done me wrong. Aesthetics weren't on my mind, but when I saw a half of pita already cut, I knew my breakfast was destined to look kinda pretty. Sometimes the forks and spoons are aligned.

Conceptually, it brought back fond memories of the black and white cookie, and more importantly, it tasted as good as it looked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home