Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New Column in the Works

Well, friends, I've started my next column. Before discussing it further, check out this brief slide show to get you in the mood.

To answer your question: There was no digital manipulation involved in the slide show (nor were any animals hurt in its filming). They're just two shots, the second featuring a regular 12-ounce can for scale. Hopefully the Coke illustrates that the fruit on display is quite small. I'd go so far as to call it minute. If you guessed that the new column will be called "Cute Fruit," you're either my dad or are familiar with Rhyme Zone. Then again, "Minute Fruit," is a possibility. Feel free to weigh in with a comment below.

That's no giant's hand pictured on the right, it's a baby pineapple. These fruit ponies are so small, they may require a new fruit bowl. A minute bowl, if you will. But not a Manute Bol.

In the coming days, I'll taste the baby grapes, pineapple and bananas and decide if they're an improvement on the original. In short, we'll see what these babies are all about.

2 Comments:

At September 14, 2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Tim said...

Cute Fruit. That's my vote. Can I vote again? That was fun.

 
At September 15, 2006 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't take it anymore! When will I be recognized for my genius?! When will I get credit for my brillant sense of humor? F&SBlog Readers, wise up! Who do you think really came up with that Manute Bol joke???? The Spoonstress will not be ignored!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home