Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Prognosis: Positive

Here's the famed Maple Pecan Pie. I'd be lying if I said I only had one slice. Then again, I probably wouldn't write a food column if I just had one slice.

The maple flavor really came through. And with 1 cup of maple syrup, I'd hope it would.

The crowning touch came as a suggestion from the same book--The Perfect Pie--that gave me the original recipe: serving the pie with maple whipped cream. You just whip a cup of cream and then fold in 5 tablespoons of maple syrup.

It's amazing how these two innocuous-looking containers can make such sweet music, but I can see plenty of flavored whipped cream in my future.

Maybe the next step would be adding food coloring to the mix. How cool would green, mint whipped cream look?!

1 Comments:

At January 13, 2006 9:15 PM, Blogger mamabird said...

The pie looks delish. Can you link us to that book you referenced, The Perfect Pie?

I'm totally loving this blog, so keep writing. By the way, when can we expect to see your next column in print?

PS: I vote for maplicious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home